Greetings from Bocoyna, Chihuahua Mexico. Once again, a big thank you to you all, Pastors and Churches for your faithful prayers and support. We are praying for you in this difficult time.
The Grand Vision Baptist Church and its missions are continuing with our church activities according to the local regulations and restrictions. Like many of you, the people in our church and missions are eager to return to regular services. Pray for them that they will continue to remain faithful to the Lord. We celebrated Mother’s Day during our May 10th service. We handed out gifts to all mothers who were in attendance.
Panalachi Mission Update
We praise the Lord for His blessings upon the mission, Missionary Mario Zavala, and his family. This month they report that he and 45 other people from the mission visited two of the nearby villages, Okorochi and Sapareachi. These villages are about a three-hour walk from Panalachi. The group took 100 bags of groceries to distribute to the families in that area. Many of the families have been without work and are in need of basic provisions. The families were very thankful for the food and for the visit.
We are thankful for God’s protection and His blessings upon us during these unusual and uncertain times. There are still many people to be reached with the Gospel, so we persevere in His name.
The following is a list of our current prayer requests:
- Pray for the salvation of souls in the Grand Vision Baptist Church and its Missions.
- Pray that God will supply the funds for materials to put a fence around the property in Panalachi. The cost will be approximately $700.
- Pray for the enrollment of students in the Bible Institute and in our Christian Schools. Enrollment for both schools starts in September, God willing.
- Pray for Missionaries Carlos and Belem Madrigal, Missionaries going to Japan, that they will receive their documentation to enter the country.
- I am scheduled to have cataract surgery later this month. Pray that God will guide the doctors and for my speedy recovery.
We are deeply grateful to all of you that have stood behind us with your prayers and faithful support. Please continue to keep God’s work here in Mexico in your prayers.
Sincerely in Him,
Mrs. Joan Kahler
Missionary to Mexico
“Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth, for I am God, and there is none else.” Isaiah 45:22
Click HERE to download a PDF version of this newsletter.