Greetings from the Grand Vision Baptist Church in Bocoyna, Mexico. We are truly grateful to the Lord for His blessings upon us during the month of November. We give Him all the honor and glory!
Twenty-two people were saved, and four students were baptized during the month of November. The church Christmas program at the GVBC is being held on the 15th of December. The young people are presenting a missionary drama, “De las tinieblas a la luz” (From darkness to light). Each Sunday School class will be presenting a musical number. Pray for this service, that people will be turned from the darkness to the light.
Natahuachi 4th Anniversary
The Rock of Ages Baptist Mission in Natahuachi celebrated their 4th anniversary, and they also held their annual missions conference at the same time. They are currently supporting two missionary families here in Mexico. Also, a plaque was presented in memory of the mission’s founder, Brother Eliezer Martinez. There were many people in attendance. One lady was saved during the conference. A total of six people were saved during the month of November. The people in the mission have two special prayer requests this month.
- Pray that the problem that they are having with the water will be solved.
- They are in need of a wood-burning stove for the children’s Sunday School classroom. The total cost for the stove is $100. Pray that God may provide the funds to buy the stove.
Missionary Mario Zavala reports that God is blessing the mission there in Panalachi. Three people were saved this mont,h and a young lady, Daniela, surrendered her life to serve the Lord full-time. Sunday morning a new family visited the church. They also have started a weekly young people’s meeting with about 12-15 young people attending each week.
We thank the Lord that He has provided the food and gifts for the Christmas party being held for the children and young people of our church. A big THANK YOU for helping us with this need. We are also thankful for our protection here in Bocoyna and in the missions.
The following is a list of our current prayer requests:
- Pray for the ten missionaries that the Grand Vision Baptist Church supports. Eight are in Mexico and two are in foreign lands. Pray that God wilil supply the funds for their needs, and pray for their health.
- Pray for the students as they reutrn home for the Christmas vacation, for their protection (some live in very dangerous areas), and that they will be a testimony to their family and friends.
- Pray for Pastor Jose Martinez as he has been having some health issues.
We are deeply grateful to all of you that have stood behind us with your prayers and faithful support. Please continue to keep God’s work here in Mexico in your prayers. .
Sincerely in Him,
Mrs. Joan Kahler
Missionary to Mexico
“Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.” Efessians 5:20
Click HERE to download a PDF version of this newsletter.