Greetings once again from the Grand Vision Baptist Church in Bocoyna, Mexico. We are thankful to the Lord for your faithful prayers and for your financial support for the work here.
September was “Missionary Month” and the theme was “La Necesidad Urgente” (“The Urgent Need”), based on Mathew 28:19. We dedicated the lessons for the first three Sundays of the month to faith promise giving to missions. The 22nd of September was the closing service where we renewed our promises to support missions for the coming year. The Grand Vision Baptist Church supports nine national missionaries and two missionaries in foreign lands – The Ruben Maya family located now in Ecuador and the Carlos Madrigal family on deputation for the eventual work in Japan. The special speaker for the service on the 22nd was Missionary Everado Andrade. He and his family are working with the Tepehuan Tribe in Acaponeta, Nayarit. Congregations from the missions in La Junta, Natahuachi and Panalachi were present. The children’s Sunday School classes presented songs and presentations about missions. Two men were saved during the services.
The school year began on September 3rd. Five young men and four young ladies are enrolled in the Institute this year. Please keep them in your prayers.
We held our Missions Conference in Panalachi on October 3rd and 4th. Our special speaker was Missionary Bill Wall from Obregon Baptist Church in Cuauhtémoc, Chihuahua.
We held a special service to dedicate the new church building in Panalachi on Sunday, October 6th. Donations given for the construction of the building were given in memory of Missionary Angelica, wife of Missionary Mario, and their daughter Abigail. Both of whom lost their lives in a car accident one year ago. The auditorium was filled, and first-time visitors came from Panalachi and from the surrounding villages. Among the visitors was the Tarahumara Governor and the world-famous Tarahumara “runner” Mr. Victoriano Churro. There was special music from the Grand Vision Baptist Church choir. The special speaker was Missionary Bill Wall. Two men accepted Christ. Pray for Missionary Mario and his four children as they continue serving the lord in the Panalachi Baptist Mission and the surrounding areas.
We have received som amazing blessings this month.
- We are very grateful to the Lord for how He miraculously supplied the funds for the construction of the building in Panalachi and for the funds to finish remodeling the church facility of the Rock of Ages Baptist Mission in Natahuachi.
- We are thankful for God’s protectuion upon us. We have had lots of rain which has caused landslides here in the mountains. A huge rock that weighed over 30 tons came down blocking the road that leads to the main highway. Just five minutes before a family in a small car passed by the place where it fell.
- We are thankful for the eight souls saved and the six people baptized this month in the GVBC.
The following is a list of our current prayer requests:
- We are still in need of funds to buy two water tanks and two tires for one of the buses.
- Continue to pray for our Christian school, and especially for those that have not been saved.
- Pray for the Mission Conference in Natahuachi being held on November 8th.
- Continue to pray for our protection concerning organized crime here in the area.
We are deeply grateful to all of you that have stood behind us with your prayers and faithful support. Please continue to keep God’s work here in Mexico in your prayers. .
Sincerely in Him,
Mrs. Joan Kahler
Missionary to Mexico
“…Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields: for they are white already to harvest…” John 4:35
Click HERE to download a PDF version of this newsletter.