We are thankful once again for God’s blessings upon us at the Grand Vision Baptist Church in Bocoyna, Chihuahua, Mexico. The month of July was a very busy month! Many blessings were bestowed upon us.
Our workers put in many hours getting ready for our annual youth camp which took place here on the campus of the Baptist Educational Complex. The theme this year was “Mas Que Vencedores” (“More than Conquerors”) based on Romans 8:7. We registered 150 campers this year. They came from six different states in Mexico.
The camp speaker this year was Missionary Bill Wall. Everyone received a great blessing from his messages. Visiting pastors brought messages in both the morning and evening services as well. Eight young people were saved, three made decisions for baptism, eight surrendered their lives to serve the Lord full-time and many more came to consecrate their lives to the Lord. We look forward to more blessings and results during next year’s youth camp.
During the Youth Camp’s Wednesday night service, I was surprised with a special “Honorary Service” award. The award was given to me by alumni of our Bible Institute, which began in 1970 with a handful of students. Hundreds of people have graduated since then, and most of them are serving the Lord throughout Mexico.
Thirty pastors who graduated from the Institute, along with their wives and families, were present for the ceremony. They presented me with a beautiful plaque showing 68 years of service to the Lord. Fifty-seven of those years have been here in Mexico. To God Be The Glory! We had a great time of fellowship with everyone in attendance. It was a great blessing to see people that I had not seen in many years.
BUS REPAIR UPDATE
During our last newsletter we informed you that our buses were in dire need of repair. Some of the buses were unable to function and as a result were not available to bring people to our services. I am happy to report that we received some special offerings which allowed us to get the buses up and running again. Our sincerest gratitude to those of you that provided the much needed funds so our bus ministry could continue.
The following is a list of our current prayer requests:
- Pray for the young people that surrendered their lives for full-time service during our Youth Camp. Pray that God will direct them as they enter the Bible Institute to begin their preparation.
- Pray for our pastor, Brother Jose Martinez as he has been experiencing some health problems.
- Pray for students enrolling in the Christian schools and Bible Institute this summer. Pray for the salvation of the new students enrolling in our Christian School.
- Pray for the construction of church buildings in the missions of Panalachi and Villa Juarez, Sonora. That God will continue supplying the funds for construction materials.
- Pray for the salvation of souls in the Grand Vision Baptist Church and its missions.
We deeply appreciate your faithful prayers and financial support. Please continue to keep God’s work here in Mexico in your prayers.
Sincerely in Him,
Mrs. Joan Kahler
Missionary to Mexico
“Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many Days. Give a portion to seven, and also to eight; for thou knowest not what evil shall be upon the earth.” Ecclesiastes 11:1,2
Click HERE to download a PDF version of this newsletter.
PICTURES FROM THE FIELD (Click on a photo to enlarge it)