Dear Friends in Christ,
“HAPPY NEW YEAR” to all! We are grateful to the Lord for all of His blessings upon the Grand Vision Baptist Church and its ministries in 2017. We deeply appreciate your faithful prayers and offerings that make these blessings possible.
Five souls were saved and several are awaiting baptism during the month of December. The theme of the four Sundays was “The Need for Salvation”. We praise the Lord for those that were saved during this campaign.
December 3rd was “Pastor’s Day” at the GVBC. Brother Jose Martinez celebrated nine years as pastor of the church. The members presented him with gifts and a cake. Pray for Pastor Martinez, that God will give him wisdom to continue leading the church and its ministries. Our goals for 2018 as a church are:
- That families will grow close to the Lord.
- That souls will be saved.
- That we will be able to establish more missions and churches here in the mountain area among the Tarahumara and Mexican people.
We held our annual Christmas dinner for the students of our Christian School, Bible Institute and for our staff members on December 15th. We are grateful for our Christian friends that donated food and gifts for this special occasion.
Our annual church Christmas program was held on December 24th. Our program included special music, a drama, and each Sunday school class presented a music number. There was good attendance for the event. A lady that brought her children to the program was saved. She was very happy.
Like many of you, we welcomed in the New Year on December 31st with a special dinner. Each family brought special dishes, tamales, buñuelos and various traditional foods. Afterwards, we had a time of prayer and everyone purposed in their heart to do more for the Lord in 2018.
The following is a list of our current prayer requests:
- Pray for the construction of church building and mission in Panalachi, that God will continue supplying funding for the materials. The members and friends of the mission are working hard to complete it soon.
- Pray for the Bible Institute students as they continue their preparation to serve the Lord. “The harvest is plenteous, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvests.”
- Pray for the salvation of souls in GVBC, in missions and in the Christian school that are not saved.
- Continue praying for Missionary Bonifacio. His next operation is taking place at the end of January.
- Pray for the Ordonez-Santos and Bustillos families who were recently saved. Pray for their decision to be baptized and for their growth in the Lord.
We deeply appreciate your faithful prayers and financial support. Please continue to keep God’s work here in Mexico in your prayers.
Sincerely in Him,
Mrs. Joan Kahler
Missionary to Mexico
“….who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.” I Timothy 2:4
Click HERE to download a PDF version of this newsletter.