Greetings from Grand Vision Baptist Church. May was a month full of activities! Five people were saved, and many others dedicated their lives to be more active in the church.
We celebrated Mother’s Day on May 7th with a special service. Sixty-two mothers were present, and one was saved. Each mother received a small gift, and after the service we had a special cake. An additional 65 mothers attended special services held in our surrounding missions, and six were saved.
We held our annual Bible Institute graduation banquet on May 19th. A delicious dinner was served, the graduates shared their testimonies, special music was played, and our Missionary to Obregon, Sonora, Brother Bonifacio, brought the message titled, “Being Faithful in God’s Service.”
BROTHER BONIFACIO UPDATE
Thank you for keeping brother Bonifacio in your prayers. About a month ago, he and his family came to Bocoyna to get the medical attention he needed. He saw a specialist and the doctor said he will have to have operations on both legs. The total cost of the first operation along with the ongoing care will be approximately $5,000. The Grand Vision Baptist Church has raised about $1,250 so far and additional offerings were sent in through Tower Road Baptist Church, our sending church. Thank you to those who contributed. Please continue to keep him in your prayers. We are praying and trusting God that He will guide the doctors and supply the necessary funds for his treatment.
The Lord continues to bless us and answer our prayers. Here are two more examples:
- Baby Santiago, who was diagnosed with a heart condition, is better. Keep him in your prayers.
- God has answered our prayer request for the members of GVBC. We have had good attendance during the month of May and have seen Christian growth in their lives.
The following is a list of our current prayer requests:
- Youth Camp is scheduled for July 17th-20th. Pray that young people will surrender their lives to serve the Lord.
- Pray for Brother Bonifacio’s surgeries. That God will guide the doctors and provide the needed funds.
- Pray for new Bible Institute students who will be entering the Institute in September.
- Pray for Pastor Martinez’ health.
We deeply appreciate your faithful prayers and financial support. Please continue to keep God’s work here in Mexico in your prayers.
Sincerely in Him,
Mrs. Joan Kahler
Missionary to Mexico
“The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” II Peter 3:9
Click HERE to download a PDF version of this newsletter.